Catholic Charities provides support to you throughout your pregnancy. We can assistance in meeting the challenges of deciding what you feel is in the best interest of you and your child. We support the right of each client to make their own decision concerning their future and that of their child. Our program helps birth parents to be knowledgeable about the Adoption options available. This is your pregnancy and we will assist you to as you make the decisions that you feel are best for you.
How we help:
- Decision Making – assist you to look at your options so that you can decide what is in your best interest and that of your baby
- Adoption Planning – help you to make an adoption plan you feel is best for you. You have the choice to be as involved in the process as you want. For example: Do you want to select a family? Do you want to meet the adoptive family? Do you want on going communication with the family after the baby is placed? These are all questions we can help you answer along the way.
- View Adoption Profiles – Catholic Charities provides approved adoptive couples for you to review.
- Discuss Openness – are you looking for an open, semi-open or traditionally closed adoption? We help you understand the differences so you can decide what’s best for you.
- Meet the adoptive family if you choose – a meeting can be set up for you to meet with the adoptive parents at any time during the adoption process.
- Make a hospital plan – You decide how much contact you want with the baby at the hospital and who can visit. We will help you communicate your wishes with the hospital staff and your doctor.
- Discuss communication for after the baby is born – you may ask for updates and pictures after the child is placed in the adoptive home. We will assist in writing a Good Faith or Communication Contact Agreement between you and your adoptive family.
- Take adoption consents – you can sign adoption consents at our office no sooner than 72 hours after the baby is born.
- Continued support after placement – your birthparent worker is available to provide ongoing support to you in the time following adoptive placement.
Each adoption plan is different and is designed to meet your needs. You can start your adoption plan at any point during your pregnancy or after the birth of your child.
We can also help with:
- Education and vocational planning
- Relationship issues
- Family issues
- Financial planning
Referrals can be made for:
- Free pregnancy test
- Prenatal care
- Medical assistance
- Financial assistance
- Housing assistance
- Legal assistance