The Onward and Upward program was created to provide a pathway for single parents and pregnant women in completing their education and achieving family financial stability and self-sufficiency. We aim to provide comprehensive wraparound social and financial support to overcome barriers to graduation.
- Students are enrolled in Onward and Upward and are paired with a Catholic Charities Navigator to identify a plan for academic success.
- Navigators help students in identifying their educational goals and potential barriers that could negatively affect their success in school.
- Navigators provide referrals and linkages to community supports and services.
- Students agree to meet twice a month with their Navigator to be eligible for financial assistance.
- Financial assistance (non-academic) is made available to address unexpected and unforeseen events that could threaten the students’ ability to stay in school.
- Single parents and pregnant women
- Proof of enrollment in the Associate Degree Nursing (RN) program or Practical Nursing (LPN) Diploma program at RCTC (Provide an acceptance letter)
- Pell Grant eligible (Provide an award letter)
Now accepting applications for Fall 2017 semester!