Donations assist in providing refugees with basic provisions and the opportunity to become employed. There are three ways to contribute: material donations, vehicle donations, and financial donations. If interested, please contact Mary Alessio, Director at (507) 287-2047.
In fleeing their homes, refugees have lost almost all of their personal belongings. Material donations help refugees start a new life in a new country and provide stability and comfort.
All items listed below will be used by refugees.
Furniture & Equipment
Refugee Resettlement accepts donations of small household items on Mondays at 903 W. Center St. (United Way Building Suite 220) in Rochester. Those with questions concerning these donations or for furniture items can be directed to Refugee Resettlement Director–Mary Alessio at 507-287-2047 Ext.24 and pick-up will be arranged. Thank you for your continued generosity to those in need.
Working vehicles are needed by clients in the Match Grant Program who have obtained employment and need a reliable form of transportation. All donated vehicles are tax deductible and the agency will assist in completing necessary paperwork.
Financial gifts are much more than dollars and cents. They provide a new beginning and hope for the future. A financial donation helps to provide food, clothing, shelter, meals, employments, and education to persons who have extremely limited resources.
- $1000 can provide a refugee family of four a safe place to live for two months
- $500 helps a dozen refugees receive transportation to health care appointments
- $250 gives clean sheets and towels for a family of six
- $100 provides two families with a community orientation by a volunteer
- $75 pays for bus transportation to work for two refugees
- $25 buys school supplies and backpacks for two children