An exercise program which prevents & reverses osteoporosis.
Bone Builders is a FREE exercise program that incorporates:
- strength training,
- balance training,
- and fun
…all into one hour!
Volunteer trainers lead participants through strength exercises, including:
- a warm up
- a cool down
- a balance routine
- and a stretching routine
…all specifically designed to prevent or reverse bone loss!
Each session includes a brief discussion about topics pertaining to health, nutrition or exercise.
How can I join?
- You can join an on-going class at any time. Exercises start at your ability, and are adjusted periodically as the you progress.
- You will want to commit to attend classes twice weekly for a minimum of six months.
- Research surrounding weight training as a deterrent to osteoporosis confirms that a twice weekly commitment is required to insure an increase in bone density.
- Classes are offered FREE OF CHARGE in the following communities in southern Minnesota:
|Kenyon||La Crescent||Lake Crystal||Mapleton||New Richland|
|Northfield||Red Wing||Rochester||St. Charles||St. James|
Check the events calendar for information regarding a class near you!
How much does it cost to join?
- You can participate at no cost!
- Common Good RSVP partners with local facilities to host Bone Builders classes.
- Common Good RSVP trains volunteers to lead the Bone Builders classes.
What do participants have to say?
- My group is caring and supports me every time I attend.
- We keep each other coming back.
- We call members who have missed classes and encourage them to return.
Studies confirm strength training builds bone.
Muscles are attached to bones by tendons. As the muscles contract, they tug against the bones which stimulates the bones to grow. The stronger the muscles, the more powerful the stimulation they provide. By building stronger muscles, strength training helps your bones even between workouts.